ThomOli: adventures in jelly making

Thomoli has moved to greener pastures…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.thomoli.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

adventures in jelly making

I have Miss Haverly Damon to thank for my love of hot red pepper jelly. When I came across an all natural hot pepper jelly recipe I knew I had to try it.

Thom and I went to the greenmarket in Grand Army Plaza Saturday morning to get the ingredients. The guy didn't want to sell me the peppers. He kept saying "they're awfully hot." And I said - "I know! That's what I want them!"







Straining away...


The finished product.

You have to eat it with cream cheese!

It was a crazy process and there were a few incidents of flying apple mush (it's hard to get that cheesecloth secured). But it tastes pretty darn good. This was just a trial run so I'm sure there's more jelly-ing in the future. Next time with more chili peppers.

2 comments:

HED said...

Wow! That is intense, good for you! I can't wait to try it!

jk said...

Jee-sus. Remember the tequila?