ThomOli: what do i do anyway?

Thomoli has moved to greener pastures…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.thomoli.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

what do i do anyway?

A good number of my friends and family seem to have no real idea what I do for a living. I don't really talk about that a lot on the blog because, to be honest, it's not usually exciting. But last week I was in San Francisco for a photo shoot and a few things made this trip especially blog-worthy.

First Cyrus took a wrong turn which led to a short trip to Oakland. This is Travis super excited at the thought of an unexpected trip across the water.
When we finally did get to our hotel in San Francisco we had to head out for a bit of last minute details at the locations where we were shooting. Alta Plaza park being one of them. Not a bad view, right?

The shoot involved a couple locations being shot with the tilt shift technique. Which also meant a crane, hence the harnesses.


Crane!



I'm mostly at photo shoots and whatnot to make sure our client doesn't tear the head off of the creative director and vise versa. Which really means I don't get to do any of the cool stuff. So I was more than a little excited when I got to go up in the crane at the end of the day.





This is our client - he looks a bit scared, no?



Some people think where we live is dangerous. Not so. My car hasn't been broken into and the GPS stolen in Brooklyn. At least not yet. Hm, we actually don't have GPS so I think we're good.

And, in case you're wondering, Budget Rental Car insurance doesn't cover the cost of the GPS. Ugh.


Then Cyrus dragged us to a sad, little bar in a not-so-hot neighborhood blocks from our hotel. Where some woman on the street threatened to cut our throats and this gentleman refused to let go of me. This picture is after 20 minutes of him recounting the famous people he met in his heyday with interesting impersonations to match. I look horrible in this picture (which can only be explained by this being the 4th bar of the night) but I couldn't resist posting due to the sheer ridiculousness of the moment.


After a long few days we headed back to New York in time for the video portion of the shoot. Travis, ever the Renaissance Man, taught some of our models Tai Chi.



The end product is sure to be interesting - thanks in no part to me.

It's off to San Diego next week. But I highly doubt that trip will be quite as eventful. At least I hope not.


No comments: